Five of my friends who are NFL scouts (or personnel/MGMT people) agreed to give me their mock drafts again this year. They represent five different teams. This is their MOCK DRAFTS, not mine. A few years ago we were the ONLY media MOCK draft that had Tim Tebow being picked in the first round and Jimmy Clausen NOT.
Three of them reminded me (to remind you) that this is what they think will happen based on what they are hearing. It is NOT what they would do. For example all FIVE had Jake Matthews rated higher than Robinson (more on that at the end) and all five have the Rams taking Robinson.
I will keep each of their identities confidential as you can imagine that their respective teams wouldnâ€™t appreciate their participation in this endeavor. All I asked from them was that they give me their MOCK DRAFT. I weighed all lists and put them in the appropriate order. I didnâ€™t have them make their teamâ€™s pick (that is why a fifth person is added) and I didnâ€™t add comments as that may reveal their identity.
This list is not the order that I think they will be drafted, it is simply five men who get paid to do this for a living and who they think teams will pick. We did not let them add where or when they thought trades would occur. Again NO TRADES are factored in. I weighed each of their picks and the list is based upon their consensus and drafts. Here it is:
1. Houston Texans Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
2. St Louis Rams Greg Robinson OT Auburn
3. Jacksonville Jaguars Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
4. Cleveland Browns Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
5. Oakland Raiders Johnny Manziel QB Texas A & M
6. Atlanta Falcons Jake Matthews OT Texas A & M
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mike Evans WR Texas A & M
8. Minnesota Vikings Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh
9. Buffalo Bills Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
10. Detroit Lions Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
11. Tennessee Titans Anthony Barr OLB UCLA
12. New York Giants Zack Martin OL Notre Dame
13. St Louis Rams Odell Beckham ATH (WR/KR) LSU
14. Chicago Bears Calvin Pryor S Louisville
15. Pittsburgh Steelers Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
16. Dallas Cowboys Timmy Jernigan DT Florida State
17. Baltimore Ravens Eric Ebron TE UNC
18. NY Jets Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State
19. Miami Dolphins Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
20. Arizona Cardinals Derek Carr QB Fresno
21. Green Bay Packers C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
22. Philadelphia Eagles Marquise Lee WR USC
23. Kansas City Chiefs Cyrus Kouandjio OL Alabama
24. Cincinnati Bengals Ha Ha Clinton Dix S Alabama
25. San Diego Chargers Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
26. Cleveland Browns Blake Bortels QB Central Florida
27. New Orleans Saints Ryan Shazier OLB Ohio State
28. Carolina Panthers Cody Latimer WR Indiana
29. New England Patriots Jason Verrett CB TCU
30. San Francisco 49ers Dee Ford DE Auburn
31. Denver Broncos Stephon Tuitt DL Notre Dame
32. Seattle Seahawks Morgan Moses OT Virginia
Here is something new this year that we added because you asked. For my own personal use I have asked every year who they think are the â€œEliteâ€ players. In the NFL draft NO ONE is a canâ€™t miss with nearly 50% of first rounders are considered a failure. I do ask them every year for those elite names and this year there is consensus on two names. I have never put these out, but when mentioning it last year on the radio show several of you asked me to star.
So the two names that ALL five agreed on as canâ€™t miss were 1) Jake Matthews OT Texas A & M and 2) Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo.