2014 Rewind of the 2010 Football Recruiting Class Incomplete Early Class Grade: A
1. Darqueze Dennard 5’11” 170# Dry Branch, GA: Original class ranking: #20 Dennard is a playmaker and a 1st round pick. Thorpe award says it all.
2. Max Bullough MLB 6’3” 233# Traverse City, MI: Original class ranking: #2 Bullough is a great Spartans who had his career end on a very sad note. Next up you will see him leading an NFL defense.
2. Isaiah Lewis S 5’11” 193# Indianapolis, IN: Original class ranking: #5 Lewis is on his way to the NFL. He had a great MSU career.
3. Mike Sadler P/K 6’1” 188” Grand Rapids, MI: Original class ranking: #3 On the field the nation’s best punter Sadler will play in the NFL and is a terrific student. The ideal student athlete and an almost certain captain in 2014.
4. LeVeon Bell RB 6’2” 221# Reynoldsburg, OH: Original class ranking: #21 Bell had no real choice but to leave early. A great football player and a better young man.
5. Jeremy Langford RB/WR 6’ 188# Wayne, MI: Original class ranking: #13 This young man had the light come on in 2013 and never looked back. He says that he will be better in 2014 and if so, he will get the chance to carry the ROCK on Sundays. Should be a preseason All Big Ten 1st team player.
6. Marcus Rush DE 6’3” 238# Cincinnati, OH: Original class ranking: #10 Because he wasn’t as charismatic as Calhoun or Gholston he is easily overlooked, but not by offensive coordinators. Rush has to play hard EVERY SING DOWN and if he does, he will get his chance on Sundays.
7. William Gholston DE/LB 6’8” 239# Detroit, MI: Original class ranking: #1 Gholston had a good career at MSU. He went on and played in the NFL.
8. Kurtis Drummond S 6’2” 201# Masury, OH: Original class ranking: #11 Drummond makes plays. He also will be one of the leaders of the NO FLY ZONE in 2014 and will play in the NFL.
10. Travis Jackson G 6’4” 278# New Albany, OH: Original class ranking: #8 So versatile and mobile, Jackson has a chance to be special. Look for him to be one of the leaders and anchors on the 2014 OL.
11. Tony Lippett WR 6’3” 191# Detroit, MI: Original class ranking: #15 Lippett became a playmaker in 2013. He found toughness and after struggling early became consistent. A solid and consistent 2014 will get him a legitimate shot for the NFL.
12. Keith Mumphery WR 6’1” 202# Vienna, GA: Original class ranking: #7 Mumphery has all of the tools the NFL craves. He must seize the 2014 opportunity with several young players pushing him to hold that go to status and continue to improve. He has NFL gifts and one year to show them off every week.
13. Anthony Rashad White DT 6’2” 316# Battle Creek, MI: Original class ranking: #16 White got an opportunity in the NFL and was a very solid player for MSU. How deep is this class? #13 played in the NFL.
14. Nick Hill RB 5’6” 185” Chelsea, MI: Original class ranking: #12 A great talent and a super kid he was brought in to return kicks and punts and has yet to win and hold either of those jobs.
15. Michael Dennis OT 6’7” 275# Carey, OH: Original class ranking: #18 Dennis is a super young man and has yet to settle in on a spot. He is now at TE and needs a very big off season as he is being pushed by several young TE behind him.
16. Mylan Hicks CB 5’11” 186# Detroit, MI: Original class ranking: #9 Mylan has to become consistent. He has one last shot. He will have to fight and scratch to get a shot as others have played well ahead of him, but don’t count him out.
Not with the program
Justin Wilson LB 6’ 221# Davie, FL
Joe Boisture QB 6’6” 211# Saline, MI
Taylor Calero DE 6’3” 235# Beverly Hills, MI
Niko Palazeti FB 6’2” 244# Northville, MI: Original class ranking: #17 Retired with Injuries
Skyler (Schofner) Burkland OT 6’7” 281# Sunbury, OH: Original class ranking: #4 Injuries (considering a return in 2014)