Mark Dantonio certainly had a nice ending to his weekend. DT Anthony White, who Spartan Nation told you last week would be on campus for a visit this weekend committed late Sunday evening.
In fact here is what Spartan Nation recruiting writer Drew Augustana wrote on Thursday: Anthony White – 6’2 315 – DT – Fort Scott, KS –He is originally from Battle Creek, MI and would come in as a sophomore. He is a very strong player who shuts down the middle of the line. The year at JC has helped him tremendously in all aspects of the game. He will come in and give immediate depth and playing time to the DT position.
White brings very good straight-ahead power rushing and run stopping talent. He moves laterally very well once his feet are set. He plays with a mean streak that will be nice as he moves to the Big Ten.
He was dominant at the CC level, but will need to work on two key areas. The first being his footwork. He was able at the CC level to get away without being technically sound and simply over powered opponents. Once his feet are set past the line of scrimmage he has good speed chasing down the quarterback and running backs. He will need to work on keeping those feet under him and get those feet set quick so he can take advantage of that surprising speed. I am in no way saying he is a sprinter, but he does play fast and that caught the Spartans eye.
Secondly, he will not be asked to play every down, at MSU. He will not have to pace himself. At MSU there is a lot of guys that will play so DC Pat Narduzzi and HC Mark Dantonio will ask him to go all out every play. White at times could take some plays off because of his need to pace himself. That won’t be the case here and that is exciting.
Here is some good video of White, you can CLICK RIGHT HERE TO WATCH.
Here is also his profile from his junior college and you can CLICK RIGHT HERE TO READ.
We look for MSU to add at least one more defensive tackle to the 2010 class and possibly two more. Stay tuned to Spartan Nation for the latest.
Here are the other 18 members of the 2010 class that Anthony White will join at MSU:
- Joe Boisture QB Saline, Michigan Article Video More Video
- William Gholston DE Detroit, Michigan Article Video
- Taylor Calero DE Southfield, Michigan Article
- Mylan Hicks CB Detroit, Michigan Article Video
- Max Bullough LB Traverse City, Michigan Article Video
- Tony Lippett ATH Detroit, Michigan Article
- Nick Hill RB Chelsea, Michigan Article Video
- Travis Jackson OL Columbus, Ohio Article
- Michael Dennis OL Carey, Ohio Article
- Isaiah Lewis S Indianapolis, IN Article
- Marcus Rush DE Cincinnati, OH Article
- Mike Sadler P Grand Rapids, MI Article Video Article Video Highlights
- Keith Mumphery WR Vienna, Georgia Article Video
- Kurtis Drummond S Hubbard, OH Article
- Skyler Schofner OT Sunbury, OH Article
- LeVeon Bell RB Reynoldsburg, OH Article
- Jeremy Langford RB Wayne, MI Article Article
- Justin Wilson LB/DE Davie, FL Article